The GENI Developer Docs¶
These documents are intended to help software developers become familiar with GENI, a project sponsored by the National Science Foundation, to help experiment with future networks. The “what and why” of GENI is discussed in the next section, but overall, GENI is a platform for:
- Exploring gigabit networks
- Implementing new routing rules in those networks
- Writing applications which leverage these networks
A major benefit to GENI is that experiments can run “at scale”, meaning they just aren’t simulated in a lab, but can be run on machines that you provision across the world.
Read on to find out why GENI exists.
- What Is GENI?
- What Can I do With GENI?
- What You Need to Know Before Starting
- How Is GENI Set Up?
- Key Terms and Concepts
- GENI Tools and Services (A Rundown)
- Resource Types
- GENI Resources
- Programmable Networks